03 Dec Skincare: 9 Factors That Negatively Affect the skin
Healthy skincare begins with making healthy choices for the skin, it requires intentionality too. You need to make healthy skin choices over what goes into the body, what you put the body through, and what you apply on your skin. When the skin doesn’t get enough of what it requires to look healthy or has been put through harsh conditions, it easily tells.
In this article we will be sharing common factors that negatively affect your skin and how you can properly take care of your skin.
Factors that negatively affect the skin include
Exposing the skin to the sun and harsh weather
Your skin protects your body and in turn, needs protection for itself; it’s only fair you use sun-blocking creams to keep it protected. We recommend including Ae Organics Skin-Calming Face and Body Wash in your bedtime skincare routine, to soothe your skin from the sun’s harsh effects.
Poor skin regiment
Know your skin type and invest in the appropriate, healthy skincare products. Detox both internally and externally, steam, exfoliate, get a massage, dry-brush your skin for proper circulation.
Poor personal hygiene
Good hygiene starts with deeply cleansing the skin to rid it of impurities. We recommend using Ae Organics Purifying Face and Body Wash to deeply cleanse the skin and kill bacteria that cause body odour.
Inadequate water intake
Water refreshes anything it touches, including your body and skin, so take, drink and stay refreshed. It also helps with the circulation of blood and nutrients around the body and ensures your skin gets the nutrients it needs to flourish, so ditch your fizzy drinks and go for nature’s own drink – you guessed right, water. And tea too.
Synthetic or chemical-based skincare products
If it’s not natural, then it has no business being in your skin.
Inorganic skin makeup products
Makeup can block the pores of the skin if worn over a long period of time, worse still when applied on poorly cleansed skin. Organic makeup may be pricey, but if you cannot afford it, cleanse your skin of impurities before applying your usual makeup and wash it off before bedtime so your skin can breathe. We recommend Ae Organics Purifying Face and Body Wash for deeply cleansing and fighting off bacteria from the skin.
Harsh rubbing on the skin
Yes, this too. Next time you want to apply skincare products, or scratch or rub your skin, especially your face, think of the word ‘pamper’ and go gently on it. It is recommended to apply facial skincare products in a circular motion to pamper the skin. Wear properly fitted clothing that will allow the skin to breathe
Improper skin moisturizing
Your skin does a lot of hard work housing your body and needs to be pampered. Discover your skin type and invest in good face and body moisturizers to keep your skin nourished, soft and supple. Moisturised and hydrated skin appears firm and hardly sags. We recommend Ae Organics Hydrating Essence Face Mist.
What you eat not only affects your health, it also affects your skin. Take lots of vegetables and fruits, cut down on fatty foods, swap industrially packaged and fast foods with natural, organic, and homemade foods. Your skin is your temple and you don’t want it crashing down like London Bridge one day. Your skin will always look like what you put it through – it appears garbage in, garbage out applies to skincare after all.
Ways to properly care for your skin
- Know your skin type and take care of it appropriately.
- Develop a beauty regiment and stick to it.
- Invest in organic skincare products.
- Detox your system and skin from time to time.
- Take lots of vegetables and fruits.
- Stay hydrated.
- Cleanse your skin before makeup and wash off makeup before bedtime. Cleansed skin is the best base for makeup.
- Go on skin fasting from time to time. Skin fasting is a period you just cleanse the skin and go off every skincare product or makeup.
- Don’t use excessively hot water on the skin.
- Use cold water to rinse your face after steaming to tighten the skin and prevent it from sagging. For mature, sagging skin, we recommend Ae Organics Anti-Aging Face and Body Wash.
- Moisturize your skin. We recommend Ae Organics Hydrating Essence Face Mist for all day lasting freshness. 12.
- Exfoliate at least, once a week using our highly recommended Ae Organics Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub and Ae Organics Soft n’ Smooth Lip Scrub.
Go on, glow on.
88 total views, 1 views today